CETIAT is a French laboratory created in 1960 by French manufacturers of HVAC equipment. Its staff includes 130 persons, mainly engineers and technicians, who conduct tests and private studies for its clients as well as collective research for its 340 members manufacturers of boilers, air conditioners, heat pumps, fans, ventilation units, air filters,...
Early Stage Researcher (PhD student)
CETIAT, which is one of the beneficiaries of the project SmartAnswer financially supported by the European Commission within the framework of the (Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie actions), offers a position for a: Early Stage Researcher (PhD student).
The objective of the project, which should lead to a PhD, is the noise reduction of low-speed fans used in HVAC appliances. This work will be mainly experimental and will aim to assess different noise control solutions. Several fan mock-ups will be designed and manufactured, then tested on a fan test rig. The PhD student will be mainly based at CETIAT but several secondments are foreseen at partner institutions of the SmartAnswer network.
Profile of the candidate:
- The researcher must have a Master degree or equivalent which entitles him/her to embark on a doctorate. He/she must own good knowledge in Fluid Mechanics and Acoustics.
- He/she may be of any nationality but must not have resided or carried our his/her main activity in France more than 12 months in the 3 years prior his/her recruitment.
- He/she must be able to speak and write fluent English as it is the working language within the SmartAnswer network. Notions of French would be appreciated.
- He/she must have good social skills in order to integrate easily in working teams.
- Fixed-term contract of 3 years
- Remuneration: salary and mobility allowance set by EC
- Starting date: July 2017
- Main working place: CETIAT, Lyon-Villeurbanne (France)
- Secondments: France (Ecole Centrale de Lyon and Valeo) and Greece (National Technical University of Athens).
Send your application for this challenging position to: email@example.com